Monday, September 18, 2017

Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts Halloween Sign by Samantha


Hello! Samantha here with you today to share a Halloween decor idea. We love to decorate for Halloween in our family, but my kids aren't too big on the scary aspects of Halloween. We are also big Disney-a-holics in our family, so I decided to draw inspiration from one of our favorite Disney rides (the Haunted Mansion) and create this Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts Halloween sign. 


For this project all you'll need is wood (mine is about 11" x 13" long), paint (I used white and gray), SRM vinyl (I used black and gray), and a way to cut vinyl (I uses a Silhouette Cameo).



I started by painting my wood with white paint. To give this a little more of a distressed look, I sponged a little gray paint around the edges when the white paint had dried. 
  
 
I cut my black vinyl words using a free font called Haunted Mouse. I thought it had the perfect haunted house feel to it...old, elegant, and a little bit creepy! I added my hitchhiking ghost that I cut from gray vinyl last. It was easiest to line up my words on top first, then my words on the bottom, and finally center my hitchhiking ghosts in the empty space. 


Since we have awesome memories of family time spent on this ride, this sign is a perfect piece of not too scary Halloween decor. Do you ever take decor inspiration from your favorite places? 

No comments: