Friday, January 13, 2017

Winter Layout by Melanie



The weather where I live is sure cold right now! We are definitely in our winter season. My kids love the snow, especially when they get to go sledding or skiing.  Melanie here today to share a fun layout I made.  SRM Stickers are perfect for layouts with an added touch of silver doilies!

I had this cute picture of my girls ready to head down the hill. It was fun to combine a variety of stickers and the silver doily to add a winter touch to the layout.


I mounted the "Chill Out" sticker on paper but placed the "BRRR it's cold" sticker right on top of the photo. That is one of my favorite things about SRM stickers . . . since they have a clear backing I can use different ways of mounting them.



The scallop sticker under the photo is actually the edging left over from the wedding borders stickers. I used several edging leftovers to give the page some extra definition. Can you see the thin grey lines above and to the left of the photo? Left overs :)


Sticker stitches are one of my favorite sets of stickers in the collection. They add a great finishing touch to projects.


Tucking the doily under the photo mat gave the layout some shine, texture, and bit of a feminine flair.

Bundle up and stay warm! :)

SRM products used
We've Got Your Border Wedding
Sticker Stitches Halloween
FreeStyle Winter
Silver Doilies

NEW PRODUCT WINNERS!
Thank you to all who left comments!  Here are the winners of the new products featured on the blog last week.  Email me your mailing address and your prize will be on the way!  susan@srmpress.com

Bible Journaling Stamp:
Rhonda who said…
"I like the set that has Christ Jesus at the bottom with a nice variety of sayings so I could use it in my faith journal bible throughout the year. Really excited to see so many fantastic faith stamps sets! I am just starting my new Inspire bible and looking for a few new stamps and ideas." 

Planner Stamp:
Amy who said
"Looks awesome! iSpy coffee!"

Patterned Bags:
arlsmom aka Lynda who said
"I am a sucker for polka dots!!!"

Marvy pens and markers:
Leanne who said
"Lovely pens. Not easy to choose a favorite. But will be thrilled to win as I begin calligraphy soon."



5 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

An awesome layout Melanie, love the doilies tucked in behind!
Congratulations to all of your lucky winners as well! YAY ladies!

~amy~ said...

What a wonderful Winter Layout!
Yay! So excited to be a winner, congrats to the others too!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Melanie, I love how you used the sticker on your photo white space!

THANK YOU!!!! I am beyond thrilled to have been a lucky winner for the devotion stamps! What a great release!

Leanne said...

Thank you Susan. I'm thrilled to bits.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Can't wait to do something fun with those cute polka dot bags!!!